Seasonal SEOPeople are constantly searching for information online, but the number of searches concerning seasonal events like Valentine’s Day or for example – Mother’s Day, is going sky high. Seasonality is about changes in the way people interact with search engines throughout the year. Seasonal SEO focuses on optimizing your site for seasonal keywords and their variations, in order to get more exposure in SERPs during a specific period of time. Let’s analyze the potential traffic volume and competition level for the most popular keywords. As you can see the potential traffic is pretty decent and the competition for the keywords below is quite low. It could be quite easy to get some exposure in the first search results page.
How to utilize seasonal SEO in your strategy
1.Plan in advanceThe preparation is the key to success in using seasonal SEO as a part of your marketing strategy. If you’d like to appear in Google and get some additional traffic to your website you need to plan in advance. Trying to rank for a keyword just before the big day starts will end up in missing the big wave of seasonal traffic.
2. Prepare a list of seasonal event over the yearIf you have a publishing schedule try to plan content especially for the seasonal events. Valentine’s Day is just an example – there other special occasions around the year that are even more business-centric. For example, check out how beloved Black Friday compares to Valentine’s Day:
3. Know your keywordsLike said before, a really comprehensive keyword research is essential. The more time it will take, the more keyword and content ideas you will be able to create. It is a good practice to have some inventory for other keywords and their variations around, rather than a single piece of content (even if it would be really great one in terms of quality).
4. Create relevant contentAs for the content… if you’ve prepared a keyword list it doesn’t mean that you ought to create a set of generic, look alike websites, targeted for different keywords. More content isn’t always the answer. Always think in quality over quantity way – most of the times it pays off.
5. Create a list of seasonal SEO eventsEvery industry has its peak seasons and once you identify these trends and opportunities, you’ll be able to create content or landing pages around them and optimise your web pages to reflect those special occasions. When used in the right way, seasonal SEO can be a great tool to help you get an edge over your competitors. Try to prepare a list of seasonal opportunities. You can start with this little help:
- Valentine’s Day
- Easter Season
- Mother’s Day
- Father’s Day
- Graduation Season
- Summer holiday season
- Back to school season
- Christmas and New Year’s Eve